When time gets rough, remember the one who gave you the desire, gave you the idea, gave you the talents, gave you the gift. Whoever that gave you the gifts will support you in every way to sustain in whatever you had called to do. Jesus did not save you for nothing. He had saved you for a greater purpose of life, a greater destiny that you can ever imagine. His love is an everlasting love. For his plan for you had said in the Bible - 1 Corinthians 2:9
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."
Greater destiny comes within you, you have the greatness that lives inside you. Don't give up, keep on walking in what God has promised you.
For those who want to find purpose of your life, Find time to discover who you are, what you good at and start put those skills to work, operate your gifts. First find some papers, ask yourself what you good at and write them down. Second, what you are passionate in, what you like, what you desire. Some people find it helpful and easier by asking what you cannot stand for, what you dislike, what you can't put up with, what changes you want to make and what group of people like to serve. Bishop T.D. jakes said 'if you couldn't stand a bad hairdo, you might want to be a hairstylist. A pastor from Hillsong shared that "there's once a boy told him he could not stand seeing women being hurt, so the pastor suggests the boy to consider occupations that could help women out of unfortunate situation. Next question, write down who you want to be, just write them down, don't think, don't judge, don't analyze even though you don't know how to become the one you want to be. God didn't put that desire in your heart for nothing. If you have a desire, dream it, and pursue it or just simply do it and test it out. By sitting on your chair, doing nothing won't bring you to a better place.
Before you find your purpose, you might have to struggle a little bit to get a clear vision on what would be God's purpose for your life. As for my story, I have struggles and went so many different direction just to try what I really want for life. I worked many different jobs, I volunteered in many different area just to see what I like, what I don't like, and what I absolutely cannot put up with. I tried so many things, the process exhausted me as I am a sheep without shepherd, a lost sheep on her own try to seek and find purpose without divine guidance. It is just tiring and in complete lost. In Proverbs 29:18 "When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild."
Now when I look back the time that I had, the process of finding my purpose is actually a time God uses to build the characters and skills I need for the assignment and the destiny he planned for me. My company founded in April, 2014 this year. From working for my business, not only God continue to unfold the gifts and potentials that I'm not aware of, it also open my eyes and came to a point to appreciate all the job I had done during the time of lost, and see how it all came in handy when I needed to work for my business. The promotion work I did during winter having hands and feet became frozen, the marketing & advertising job that was supposedly only help me pay off airfare and money to spend when I back home visiting Hong Kong, the time I feel intimidated speak in front of public as a Master ceremony and do live interview with TV/radios as a volunteer Public Relation for an non-profit organization, the absolute boring, mundane administrative work, a job that I love but also I complain the most, the job that had burn me out by working long hours everyday, I often needs to sacrifice my weekend to work. But without this crazy demanding job, I will never be able to sacrifice my both the time and money to work long hours, sacrifice weekend, holiday, birthday celebration to work for my business and ministry while I am still in grad school. I praise God for everything I been through, both good and bad, because at the end they all work for me and not work against me. Genesis 50:20 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people." Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Take the opportunity to see things from a different perspective, a heavenly perspective, see things like how your heavenly father would see. Ask God what is it that you want me to learn from a time like this, that I am just feeling stuck? I know it's hard, during difficult time or time of lost, you mostly only feel bitterness and frustration, but how can it be possible for any positive feeling when our mind and hearts are fill with all the misery feelings. Ask God to help you see things from a different eyes, different perspective and ask to lift up all the negative feelings that you have.
Let me pray for you. Dear God, thank you for you are good, thank you that you always have us in your mind. I pray for your children who desire to get close to you, to know your will and the purpose you have for them. May you continue guide them during the time of finding their identity and purpose for your kingdom, let them not feeling discourage, feeling lost and feel alone. For You are always with us and never forsaken us. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!
God bless you. Keep clam, stay faith and work for Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment