It was only since May this year that a very good friend of mine came to Christ, and became my spiritual sister. She didn't gets to enjoy the honeymoon with Christ. Tragedy happens one by one in her life. I brought her to Christ and seeing all these things happening, I don't what to say to her. I want to comfort with God's words, but I feel uncertain if I should say God is there for her. I made my effort to stutter the word out "God is there for you and better day will come. Sorry that I don't know why things are happening, but I know He is there with you and for you. as my Pastor always says 'I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.' There's many things I can't explain, but all I can do is to walk with you. It was a command God gave me to do, 'to love one another'." I finished what I said with lack of confidence. Yet, her faith was so strong that she comforts and reassures me that everything happens for a reason, God's reason. She was full of faith. I am so proud of her. During adversity, I'm not sure if I encouraged her, but, she truly encouraged and inspired me. She taught me being a Christian is not about how many years of your Christian life, it is not about how well you know the bible, it is not about how well you behave in church and in Sunday school. It is about and only about the amount of faith you have IN CHRIST.
Romans 3:22
This righteousness from God comes through FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST to all
who believe.
Galatians 2:16
Know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by FAITH IN
JESUS CHRIST. So we, too, have put our FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS that we may be
justified by FAITH IN CHRIST and not by observing the law, because by observing
the law no one will be justified.
Galatians 3:26
You are all sonS of God through FAITH IN CHRIST
Philippians 3:9
…not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that
which is through FAITH IN CHRIST – the righteousness that comes from God and is
by faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment